Kaiser Health News (KHN) Senior Correspondent, Liz Szabo, will moderate an expert panel discussion in Washington, DC on September 27 about screenings, scans and treatments that patients, especially older adults, undergo that may offer little or no benefit. The event builds on KHN's investigative series, Treatment Overkill.
- Louise Davies, MD, MS. Senior faculty of and research fellowship director for the VA Outcomes Group, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, Vermont
- Saurabh Jha, MBBS, MRCS, MS. Radiologist and associate professor of radiology, University of Pennsylvania
- Barnett Kramer, MD, MPH. Director of the division of cancer prevention, National Cancer Institute
- Jacqueline Kruser, MD, MS. Pulmonologist and critical care physician, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Ranit Mishori, MD, MHS, FAAFP. Associate professor of family medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine
The public event is an opportunity to learn from, and bring questions to, experts in the field about what leads to overtreatment – and how we can avoid it.