Kaiser Health News' (KHN) “Navigating Aging” columnist Judith Graham, moderated an expert panel discussion on February 13 on improving care and services for people with dementia and supporting their caregivers.
The panel talked about the challenges and difficulties facing the patient, the caregiver, the community and policymakers.
- Nancy A. Hodgson, PhD, RN, FAAN, University of Pennsylvania, an expert on dementia care and end-of-life care for people with dementia;
- Helen Kales, MD, University of Michigan, a geriatric psychiatrist and expert on dementia care and mental health issues;
- Yvonne Latty, BFA, MA, a journalist and professor, who is dealing with her mother’s Alzheimer’s;
- Katie Maslow, MSW, Gerontological Society of America, an expert on improving care for people with dementia and supporting their caregivers; and
- Mary L. Radnofsky, PhD, a former professor who lives independently since being diagnosed twelve years ago with dementia and is an advocate for people with dementia.
A John A. Hartford Foundation grant supports KHN's Aging & Improving Care of Older Adults coverage.
To watch the video of the event, click here.